Tuesday, April 03, 2018

What can a broken hearted person do?

The other day I posted about my heartbreak in 'The Cry of a Broken Hearted Pastor'
Today, I'm talking about what we can do when heartbroken. Obviously, I've already mentioned crying, and I think I almost cried every day for a long time, and the tears still come. But I've been crying them out to the God who hears:
The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.(Psalm 34:17-18 NIV)

BUT the other thing I did, was think of the cross. And in the midst of betrayals and abandonment, I wrote this song with my wife, 'At The Cross.'

Notice the lyrics in the bridge:
When I’m feel-ing lonely
when I think God don’t love me
I’ll fix my eyes upon the tree

where you bore heartache for me
where you shed your blood for me
I’m a sinner but you have set me free
The video with lyrics is here: