Thursday, June 02, 2016

Prayers for the Grieving 3: God does not willingly bring grief

Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.
 For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to anyone. (Lam 3:32-33 NIV BIBLE)
Lord God, I don't understand why you've allowed this grief in my life, but I do understand that you didn't bring it willingly. Because of the fall, bad things happen, and this is one of those things. It wasn't your first choice for me to suffer this way. Your first choice was for me to live an Eden-like existence. But since the fall, certain events take place that are part of your plan to rescue us. This plan has involved painful decisions on your part, and one of these decisions involved the loss I'm now facing. So, I know that you did not willingly bring this grief to me. 
I also know that you promise to show me compassion. Please Father of Compassion, comfort me at this time, I need your comfort.