Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Prayers for the Grieving 1: Close to the Brokenhearted

In light of my father-in-law's recent passing, I hope to write a series of prayers to help my friends and family as we mourn. Here's the first one:
The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. 
(Psa 34:17-18 NIV BIBLE)
Lord, I cry out to you, knowing that you hear my cry.
I cry out to you for deliverance from the trouble in my soul.
I know I will sink deep down into the depths of depression, if you don't deliver me, please deliver me.
Lord, I'm clinging to this promise that you are close to the broken hearted. Be close to me. Let me feel your closeness - and when I can't feel it, help me to trust that you are close.
My spirit feels crushed, please save me. Thank you Father for your promise that you will save me.

Prayers for the Grieving 2: Lonely and Afflicted
Prayers for the Grieving 3: God does not willingly bring grief
Prayers for the Grieving 4: God's Holy Decision
Prayers for the Grieving 5: Send a Titus to Comfort Me
Prayers for the Grieving 6: Bring Me Up