Monday, February 04, 2008

Using the Greek New Testament for devotions part 1:

For the last 2 years I’ve been using Greek primarily for exegesis for sermons. In the last month however, I tried something new, and started using a Greek text for my devotions. I knew someone years ago who did this, but since then have never heard anyone encourage this.

My own limited experience of the last month has been that reading the New Testament in Greek is a wonderful devotional experience. Hopefully through this blog, I can encourage it amongst others – especially you ex-Bible college students who don’t use your Greek anymore!

What do I mean by devotions? Personally I'm using this word to speak of set times in the day in which I read God words with the view to knowing Him better, knowing how to obey Him better, and how to pray to Him better. I'm sure others have much better definitions of devotions - this was just off the top of my head, in case anyone was wondering what the word 'devotions' meant.

Peace
D